Skip to main content

How To Mix Prints - Ethnic & Stripes

Skirt and sweater Forever 21, boots Aldo, bag Danier, jacket Zara, faux fur infinity scarf Chapters

You probably already know if you follow my blog, that I love mixing prints. I lover the effect it creates and the unlimited options you get to play up your wardrobe. If you want to try out this trend but you are not sure what to do, start off with something easy and safe. I find that stripes and polka-dots are the easiest print to incorporate with others. First think about mixing prints that are in similar shades. Try it out in front of the mirror and see how you feel. Just be brave, getting used to new things is not always instantaneous. Some other tested and true options are stripes and plaid or tartan, stripes and leopard, mixing different check patterns but again keep the latter in the same colour family. In Monday`s post I mixed checks, stripes and polkadots. Today I opted for stripes and ethnic print or world traveler as they now call it.  I challenge you to try this out. Make sure to let me know if you were successful in taking yourself out of your comfort zone. You can leave a comment on my blog, email me, tweet, tag me on Facebook or Instagram. Looking forward to it! Ciao!

Ako pratite moj blog znate vec da obozavam da mesam razlicite dezene u odeci. Ako zelite da se isprobate u ovome ali niste sigurni tacno sta se uklapa jedon s drugim, dacu vam nekoliko vec isprobanih primera. Po mom misljenju, pruge i tufne su definitvno dva od najlaksih printova za kombinovanje. Pocnite prvo sa mesanjem printova ali u bojama slicnih nijansi i bojame koje pripadaju istoj grupi. Isprobavajte vase kombinacije ispred ogledala i vidite kako se osecate u njima. Nemojte gubiti lako hrabrost jer navika na promene nije cesto momentalna. Mozda ce vam trebati vise vremena da se usavrsite. Ako vec ne zelite da eksprerimentisete i zelite da se koristite samo vec isprobanim primerima, onda su tu uvek kombinacija pruga i karo dezena, pruga i leopard printa, razlkiciti karo dezeni jedni s drugima ali da pak budu u slicnim nijansama. Pogledajte kako sam ja takodje pomesala karo, pruge i tufnice u outfitu ove sedmice. Drage moje dajem vam sada jedan zadatak, a to je da se isprobate u mesanju printova (ako to vec uveliko ne radite) i izadjete malo iz svoje svakodnevne i sigurne uniforme. Obavezno mi javite ako vam je poslo za rukom i kako ste se osecale.  Mozete mi se javiti putem Tvitera, Facebooka, Instagrama, ostaviti komentar na blogu ili pak poslati email. Jedva cekam! Cao!

Aleksandra <3

Follow me on Bloglovin, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter or Google

Comments

  1. You're great at mixing prints :) Your hair looks especially beautiful in these pictures!

    http://mykindofjoy.blogspot.pt/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your great at pulling off the mixed prints look!
    www.vworldrocks.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your style and really like your blog!
    These mixed prints go "perfectly..." if that makes sense.
    www.lavishingg.com
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Very First Outfit Post

        I took a few outfit pictures over the last few days, as I was running around my day and I wasn’t sure what would be the first one to post. I debated and as the days went by and weather changed (it seems every day it was a different season), I decided to go with the very first one I shot. This one I actually took last month at the High Park.   It was the last few days when you could see the cherry tree blossom so I did not want to miss out on it. I love spring only for this reason, trees and flowers blossoming. And the fact that it is a sign that the summer is just around the corner (I am still waiting for this corner though), but it is a sign.      A little nervous giggle              Sweater Costa Blanca, white tee H&M, rings, earrings, necklaces and leggings Forever 21, watch Michael Kors, bag Louis Vuitton, sneakers Urban Planet, sunglasses Ray Ban   This is a very casual outfit and very odd for me in the sense that

Sightseeing Montreal In Hot Pink Sneakers & Ripped Jeans

  Jeans & jacket Zara, sneakers Nike, shirt H&M, bag Steve Madden, sunglasses unknown, belt Danier (men's section), chain ring Forever 21, midi ring H&M, forefinger gold rings gifts    Day one in Montreal was the cocktail party and then walking the streets of old Montreal at night and testing out different patios and bars. Day two in Montreal, was again walking the beautiful streets of old Montreal and testing out patios, but now in daylight, hehehe. Oh and lets not forget, blog picture taking. I forget how beautiful this city is and am reminded every time I come back. Then, I wonder why I don't come back more often. It is gorgeous, vibrant and people are extremely warm. It has such a European flare, which I often miss, and this is a quick way for me to get that fix once in a while, without having to fly over an ocean. These pictures were snapped around St Denis street as well as around Catherdral Notre-Dame Basilica of Montréal. I was comfortable in my new N

Are You Blushing Yet?

  Heels Pour La Victoire (Winners), skinnies Nasty Gal (similar here and here ), top H&M, coat Le Chateau (old), bag H&S Handbags , rings Forever 21, watch unknown, sunglasses Ray Ban   Quite the opposite of yesterdays leather look, we are moving on today to a soft blush pink. Pink is very big this season and in particular blush or pastel pink. My first reaction was rather negative to this trend until I realized how many items I have in my wardrobe that are of that colour. So today, even my accessories are blush pink. To break it up a bit I kept the handbag and the pants winter white. What do you think? Thank you for your comments! Ciao! Danas idemo u kompletno suprotnom smeru od jucerasnjeg koznog sorca. Danas govorimo o bebi roze boji. Roza, a pogotovo bebi ili pastelno roza su itekako u trendu ove jeseni. Moja prva reakcija na ovaj trend je bila vise negativna dok nisam uvidela koliko samo komada odece i nakita imam u ovoj boji. Za danasnji outfit stavila sa

Have You Visited Positano & Amalfi Coast Yet?

Pants Zara, jacket Zara, sneakers Forever21, bag unknown (Winners), dress unknown ( similar ), ankle boots PrettyLittleThings There are still quite a few more outfits and cities I’ll be featuring on the blog from my last year’s trip to Italy, however today I’m sharing this post from the last location we visited: beautiful Positano. As we visited Italy in the fall, outfits left to share are more fall appropriate, so I will share them come September. I’ll be dealing with two little babies then so God knows how much time I will have to shoot new outfits. As I’m laying on my couch bored out of my mind counting down the days to my delivery next week (whooohoooo!!!) I’m experiencing such FOMO. Partially because I won’t be going on vacation this summer (though becoming a mom to two little girls is quite awesome!!) and partially because I’m reminiscing of my travels last year. Positano seems to still be one of the most photographed summer destinations so I’m sharing a few pictures f