Skip to main content

For The Love Of Flamenco


Shoes Gucci, dress Winners, ring with chain (H&M), bird ring and earrings (street buy Madrid)


I came back to Canada today but I have still not managed to unpack. I am too busy reminiscing of my trip to Spain. One of our last nights in Madrid, I really waned to go to a Flamenco dinner/show called Corral de la Moreria. Most of the people that go there are tourists but none the less it is amazing. There is a separate small dining room if you want a formal dinner but you can also have some tapas at the show in the main room. The performers are absolutely amazing! At the risk of sounding like a typical tourist and appear amazed with stereotypes of a country I am visiting, I have to say that to me Flamenco is a great symbol of Spain (amongst others things of course). Since I was a little girl I was absolutely mesmerized with the dance, the dresses, the sound of the Spanish guitar and by the raspy, emotional, strong and charming voices of the singers. I loved that it was in a smaller dark restaurant instead of on a big stage as it gives more of a real feel. As far as my experience goes. This is one of the main reasons I started learning Spanish in the first place. In one of the future posts I will post a couple of videos from the performance for your enjoyment.

I wore a simple white mini dress again with very minimal jewelry and my favourite shoes, my one and only Gucci heels. I scored these babies on Ebay brand new for more then half their price. And yes, they are original J. Any of you enjoy a little flamenco?

Aleksandra <3






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Joining The 30s Club! Yikes!

Shoes Gucci, Skirt Mendocino, corset Ebay, necklace DIY, clutch gift old, belt Asos, (sold out, similar here), ring and earrings street buy Madrid Well today is my big birthday. I am turning 30! All I have to say is OMG! I know that sounds more like a teenager talking, but I am somewhat speechless. Partially because I don’t feel mature enough for it. Maybe I have this vision that in your thirties you are more serious when it comes to everything including what you wear. Or maybe I am having midlife crisis at 30. Is that possible? I’m kidding of course. It does feel a bit weird but I feel great. Everyone tells me that your thirties are your best years. I guess we will wait and see. I am posting tonight one last outfit from Spain. I obviously can’t shoot the pictures tonight of my birthday outfit, put it on my computer, edit and post and all of this while making it to dinner on time J. So I will post today’s outfit tomorrow and I am leaving you with this, what I think, stunning outfit. As…

How to Stay Warm in the Tricky Spring Weather

Jeans Zara, boots Forever 21, blouse Forever 21, jacket Mango (old), scarf Aldo, sunnies Ray-Ban, bag Louis Vuitton (with my own chain strap), gloves H&M
As the sun is out again and the weather doesn't require thick layers of clothing, I get to get out more out and about the city. The spring is the time when I walk the most, sometimes for hours. It also helps with the few winter pounds heheh. Though long walks require comfort, I still like to wear a cute little outfit. You may think how are heeled boots comfortable, but to be honest, I get more easily tired walking in flats then in heels. Granted, for these long walks I opt for a more chunky heel and a shoe with a strong foot support, rather then a thin stiletto heel. 
I recently purchased these Forever 21 booties and decided they were going to be the piece around which the outfit is built. With me, the outfit builders are usually the shoes haha. And though it was a nice spring day, layers were still a must. I layered a soft t…

Instagram Roundup

I haven't posted much lately and now I'm on vacation for another week or so, so no new posts are expected before I return. I wanted however to share with you a few of my favourite pictures from my Instagram account. Few more pictures have been posted since but you will have to go to my Instagram account to see more. 
Ciao!
Sasha

The Best Blazer. Period.

Blazer Premonition (FigJam.To), dress White by Vera Wang, sandals (Winners), belt Express
Today's outfit was not intended to be shared on the blog, but rather just on my Instagram. It was shot (you can see the quality of the pictures) with a phone camera in a prompt 2 minute photo shoot, as I was running late for a weeding. But I was soooooo excited by this blazer that I had to share it here as well. I had too many pictures that I liked and I could not show them all on Instagram, otherwise people would un-follow me for spamming them hahahaha. 
I got this blazer delivered this same day and it fit perfectly with the dress I had chosen to wear to the event. It is from a website called FigJam.To which specializes in Australian designers. I took one look at this gorgeous piece and I HAD to have it. How amazing is the detailing on the back? Perfect to show off your dress...or your derrier when you pair it with some tight jeans....It's beautifully tailored. A perfect boyfriend blaze…