Skip to main content

When A Life Throws You a Curveball (Fight it off with a Metallic Biker Jacket)

Life in your 30s, what is life about, how to get through tough time, fashion art, blush colors outfit, metallic jacket, metallic moto-jacket, biker jacket, metallic biker jacket, grant jeans, how to wear metallics, toronto blogger, fashion canadians, canadian fashion bloggers
Jacket Forever 21, jeans Joe Fresh, lilac stilettos Heels, cashmere sweater Lord&Taylor from TheBay, cross-body bag Rebecca Minkoff

This post was to start completely differently. While I was writing it I received some bad news about one of my best friend’s mom. It automatically made what I was about to write completely meaningless in relation to the life as a whole. Fashion and clothing are considered to be shallow. They have no deep meaning.  From time to time I get comments about wasting my time with fashion and my blog. So I chose not to post anything today.

But as I contemplate about life (your 30s seem to be the time for that), I realize life is what you make of it. Life is about being happy and doing what makes you happy, so that you can make those around you happy. If you don’t fuel yourself, you can’t fuel those around you. Energy is transferrable and I chose that my energy be a positive one.
I know that fashion, this blog, talking to people, inspiring and being inspired makes me happy, it makes me excited. So I keep doing it.

Last night I also had an amazing experience which further emphasizes how clothes, how we dress and fashion in general (which is art in itself) are important in the big scheme of life. Recently I started volunteering for this amazing organization called Dress for Success. One of the things I do there is help style women who are clients of the organizations. These are women from all walks of life who for one reason or the other, need our help. The charity provides outfits for interviews and jobs in order to help women be better off. It isn’t just about women being better off, but in turn their families and their children. And we know children are the future of our society, and happy and healthy children make up a happy society.
So last night was my first appointment. I met this shy, insecure but amazing woman. We spent two hours together. We picked out two beautiful outfits, some shoes, a bag, coat and accessories which will make her ready for the interview. It was an amazing feeling seeing her transform as we tried things out. I listened to her needs, not what she said (she was shy) but I paid close attention to her body language. I saw what made her confident. It was just beautiful to see how her confidence changed in those two hours.

I thought I was happy having been successful finding two full outfits for her. It was a successful meeting after all. But she caught ME off guard at the end of our appointment. This woman of few words opened up and started praising the whole experience. She did not think finding outfits would make her feel good but she said it was an amazing experience. However, what made an impact on me is how happy she was with me and how I made her feel through the whole process. She thanked me for my passion and for my continuous smile. Her last words were: “We may not see each other again, but God sees everything you do. He will bless you.” I started crying (and I am not a crier at all!).
I did not cry because she praised me. Yes, that feels great to all of us. What made me cry is how I made her feel. How my energy impacted her. And this is one of the most important things in my life. How I make those around me feel. I was very concentrated on finding perfect outfits and didn’t think too much about how I was. But I guess when you are doing what you love, what makes you happy, that same happiness is passed onto those around you. It’s contagious. But you have to be open to it too. So just when you think you make an impact on someone’s life, they make an even bigger impact on you.

So though my friend is going through some tough time, and will be for a little while, I also know that she loves following my blog. She’s one of my biggest supporters. So, for the love of her and her happiness, I am sharing this post today. Life has to go on no matter what. Dark times have happy moments too. If we keep loving life, living life and finding beauty in it, no matter what, almost anything is possible and bearable.

So having said all this, please enjoy the outfit. It’s freezing outside so it was shot inside. Thanks sis!

An my friend, this one is for you, and you know who you are <3

Ciao!

Sasha <3
Life in your 30s, what is life about, how to get through tough time, fashion art, blush colors outfit, metallic jacket, metallic moto-jacket, biker jacket, metallic biker jacket, grant jeans, how to wear metallics, toronto blogger, fashion canadians, canadian fashion bloggers
Life in your 30s, what is life about, how to get through tough time, fashion art, blush colors outfit, metallic jacket, metallic moto-jacket, biker jacket, metallic biker jacket, grant jeans, how to wear metallics, toronto blogger, fashion canadians, canadian fashion bloggers
Life in your 30s, what is life about, how to get through tough time, fashion art, blush colors outfit, metallic jacket, metallic moto-jacket, biker jacket, metallic biker jacket, grant jeans, how to wear metallics, toronto blogger, fashion canadians, canadian fashion bloggers
Life in your 30s, what is life about, how to get through tough time, fashion art, blush colors outfit, metallic jacket, metallic moto-jacket, biker jacket, metallic biker jacket, grant jeans, how to wear metallics, toronto blogger, fashion canadians, canadian fashion bloggers

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Very First Outfit Post

        I took a few outfit pictures over the last few days, as I was running around my day and I wasn’t sure what would be the first one to post. I debated and as the days went by and weather changed (it seems every day it was a different season), I decided to go with the very first one I shot. This one I actually took last month at the High Park.   It was the last few days when you could see the cherry tree blossom so I did not want to miss out on it. I love spring only for this reason, trees and flowers blossoming. And the fact that it is a sign that the summer is just around the corner (I am still waiting for this corner though), but it is a sign.      A little nervous giggle              Sweater Costa Blanca, white tee H&M, rings, earrings, necklaces and leggings Forever 21, watch Michael Kors, bag Louis Vuitton, sneakers Urban Planet, sunglasses Ray Ban   This is a very casual outfit and very odd for me in the sense that

Sightseeing Montreal In Hot Pink Sneakers & Ripped Jeans

  Jeans & jacket Zara, sneakers Nike, shirt H&M, bag Steve Madden, sunglasses unknown, belt Danier (men's section), chain ring Forever 21, midi ring H&M, forefinger gold rings gifts    Day one in Montreal was the cocktail party and then walking the streets of old Montreal at night and testing out different patios and bars. Day two in Montreal, was again walking the beautiful streets of old Montreal and testing out patios, but now in daylight, hehehe. Oh and lets not forget, blog picture taking. I forget how beautiful this city is and am reminded every time I come back. Then, I wonder why I don't come back more often. It is gorgeous, vibrant and people are extremely warm. It has such a European flare, which I often miss, and this is a quick way for me to get that fix once in a while, without having to fly over an ocean. These pictures were snapped around St Denis street as well as around Catherdral Notre-Dame Basilica of Montréal. I was comfortable in my new N

Are You Blushing Yet?

  Heels Pour La Victoire (Winners), skinnies Nasty Gal (similar here and here ), top H&M, coat Le Chateau (old), bag H&S Handbags , rings Forever 21, watch unknown, sunglasses Ray Ban   Quite the opposite of yesterdays leather look, we are moving on today to a soft blush pink. Pink is very big this season and in particular blush or pastel pink. My first reaction was rather negative to this trend until I realized how many items I have in my wardrobe that are of that colour. So today, even my accessories are blush pink. To break it up a bit I kept the handbag and the pants winter white. What do you think? Thank you for your comments! Ciao! Danas idemo u kompletno suprotnom smeru od jucerasnjeg koznog sorca. Danas govorimo o bebi roze boji. Roza, a pogotovo bebi ili pastelno roza su itekako u trendu ove jeseni. Moja prva reakcija na ovaj trend je bila vise negativna dok nisam uvidela koliko samo komada odece i nakita imam u ovoj boji. Za danasnji outfit stavila sa

Have You Visited Positano & Amalfi Coast Yet?

Pants Zara, jacket Zara, sneakers Forever21, bag unknown (Winners), dress unknown ( similar ), ankle boots PrettyLittleThings There are still quite a few more outfits and cities I’ll be featuring on the blog from my last year’s trip to Italy, however today I’m sharing this post from the last location we visited: beautiful Positano. As we visited Italy in the fall, outfits left to share are more fall appropriate, so I will share them come September. I’ll be dealing with two little babies then so God knows how much time I will have to shoot new outfits. As I’m laying on my couch bored out of my mind counting down the days to my delivery next week (whooohoooo!!!) I’m experiencing such FOMO. Partially because I won’t be going on vacation this summer (though becoming a mom to two little girls is quite awesome!!) and partially because I’m reminiscing of my travels last year. Positano seems to still be one of the most photographed summer destinations so I’m sharing a few pictures f