Skip to main content

Hiking in the Niagara Escarpment in a Sporty Outfit

Outdoor fashion, what to wear hiking, plaid shirt, hm shirt, leather back pack, sporty chic, hiking in Ontario, fall layering
Sports bra Under Arour, leggings TNA (Aritzia), sneakers Nike (old), shirt H&M, backpack David Jones Paris (similar backpack), sunglasses Ray-Ban, watch Michael Kors

Today I’m doing a post quite different from anything I posted before. I did not initially plan to do it. I had brought the camera to take pictures of the nature, but we ended up taking a few outfit pictures as well.
I love the city and everything the city brings, but just the same, I love the nature as well. I find it’s important to have a balance between the two. I believe everyone would benefit mentally and physically if they spent some time in nature at least couple of times a month. After all, we are part of it, aren’t we? One of the things I love doing is hiking. I remember fondly of all the times I went hiking with my grandpa in the mountains and hills of Serbia when I was a kid. It’s unbelievable how much nature can relax all your senses. Even if you have little ones, it’s a fun thing to do for all.
Not too long ago I went hiking in Milton area, part of Niagara escarpment. It’s hard to find mountains in Ontario, so this was the closes we could get to.  We ended up hiking for 6 hours, and though I was really sore the next day (muscles I didn’t even know existed), I felt re-energized.I was quite surprised by my dog's energy to do the entire hike with us. He is getting very old and has arthritis on his spine. He has not been able to walk long distances for some time now. But somehow, that day, he did not tire at all and jumped around as if he were young again. Nature definitely did him some good too.
Hiking of course is not a place for fashion. But you can still make your outfit more interesting than just plain sports jacket and leggings. Why not wear a casual cotton button up shirt instead? I went with leggings on the bottom, as I consider them the most comfortable to wear for hikes. On top I wore this amazing Under Armour sports bra. It’s about time that sports companies are coming out with sports bras with cup sizes instead of just S, M, L as options. I find Under Armour to be the best at this. This is their new model that came out at SportsCheck and I love it. It provides support but also gives a nice shape. You can actually even wear it under racer back tops as well. You know those sports bras that flatten your chest? Well this one does not.
As I was not sure how warm or cool it was going to be in the forest, I decided to layer my outfit. I wore a couple of button up shirts: plaid and denim one, both from HM. Sure enough, denim one went into my back pack very quickly, as it was quite warm. A little top knot hairstyle, Ray-Bans which make any outfit cool and Michael Kors watch. Who says you can wear accessories to go hiking? Last but not least, to put the entire outfit together (and also carry my picnic necessities), the gorgeous (faux) leather back pack. It’s meant for the city, but works just as well in the nature, doesn’t it?
As fall is almost here, what better time to go hiking than now? Once the leaves start changing their colours, make sure you go exploring the nature at least one day. You will thank me J . Happy hiking!

Ciao!

Aleksandra <3

Outdoor fashion, what to wear hiking, plaid shirt, hm shirt, leather back pack, sporty chic, hiking in Ontario, fall layering
Outdoor fashion, what to wear hiking, plaid shirt, hm shirt, leather back pack, sporty chic, hiking in Ontario, fall layering
Outdoor fashion, what to wear hiking, plaid shirt, hm shirt, leather back pack, sporty chic, hiking in Ontario, fall layering
Outdoor fashion, what to wear hiking, plaid shirt, hm shirt, leather back pack, sporty chic, hiking in Ontario, fall layering
Outdoor fashion, what to wear hiking, plaid shirt, hm shirt, leather back pack, sporty chic, hiking in Ontario, fall layering
Outdoor fashion, what to wear hiking, plaid shirt, hm shirt, leather back pack, sporty chic, hiking in Ontario, fall layering
Outdoor fashion, what to wear hiking, plaid shirt, hm shirt, leather back pack, sporty chic, hiking in Ontario, fall layering
 
Can you see an eagle in above picture?

Outdoor fashion, what to wear hiking, plaid shirt, hm shirt, leather back pack, sporty chic, hiking in Ontario, fall layering

Comments

  1. What a peaceful place :) Beautiful pictures!

    Instax 210 giveaway - www.mykindofjoy.com

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Joining The 30s Club! Yikes!

Shoes Gucci, Skirt Mendocino, corset Ebay, necklace DIY, clutch gift old, belt Asos, (sold out, similar here), ring and earrings street buy Madrid Well today is my big birthday. I am turning 30! All I have to say is OMG! I know that sounds more like a teenager talking, but I am somewhat speechless. Partially because I don’t feel mature enough for it. Maybe I have this vision that in your thirties you are more serious when it comes to everything including what you wear. Or maybe I am having midlife crisis at 30. Is that possible? I’m kidding of course. It does feel a bit weird but I feel great. Everyone tells me that your thirties are your best years. I guess we will wait and see. I am posting tonight one last outfit from Spain. I obviously can’t shoot the pictures tonight of my birthday outfit, put it on my computer, edit and post and all of this while making it to dinner on time J. So I will post today’s outfit tomorrow and I am leaving you with this, what I think, stunning outfit. As…

How to Stay Warm in the Tricky Spring Weather

Jeans Zara, boots Forever 21, blouse Forever 21, jacket Mango (old), scarf Aldo, sunnies Ray-Ban, bag Louis Vuitton (with my own chain strap), gloves H&M
As the sun is out again and the weather doesn't require thick layers of clothing, I get to get out more out and about the city. The spring is the time when I walk the most, sometimes for hours. It also helps with the few winter pounds heheh. Though long walks require comfort, I still like to wear a cute little outfit. You may think how are heeled boots comfortable, but to be honest, I get more easily tired walking in flats then in heels. Granted, for these long walks I opt for a more chunky heel and a shoe with a strong foot support, rather then a thin stiletto heel. 
I recently purchased these Forever 21 booties and decided they were going to be the piece around which the outfit is built. With me, the outfit builders are usually the shoes haha. And though it was a nice spring day, layers were still a must. I layered a soft t…

Instagram Roundup

I haven't posted much lately and now I'm on vacation for another week or so, so no new posts are expected before I return. I wanted however to share with you a few of my favourite pictures from my Instagram account. Few more pictures have been posted since but you will have to go to my Instagram account to see more. 
Ciao!
Sasha

The Best Blazer. Period.

Blazer Premonition (FigJam.To), dress White by Vera Wang, sandals (Winners), belt Express
Today's outfit was not intended to be shared on the blog, but rather just on my Instagram. It was shot (you can see the quality of the pictures) with a phone camera in a prompt 2 minute photo shoot, as I was running late for a weeding. But I was soooooo excited by this blazer that I had to share it here as well. I had too many pictures that I liked and I could not show them all on Instagram, otherwise people would un-follow me for spamming them hahahaha. 
I got this blazer delivered this same day and it fit perfectly with the dress I had chosen to wear to the event. It is from a website called FigJam.To which specializes in Australian designers. I took one look at this gorgeous piece and I HAD to have it. How amazing is the detailing on the back? Perfect to show off your dress...or your derrier when you pair it with some tight jeans....It's beautifully tailored. A perfect boyfriend blaze…